- The speaker was just beating around the bush and never said anything important.
- We will bend over backwards if the other party is committed.
- After insisting for months, the manager caved in to his demands.
- You’re the boss here – you get to call the shots.
- When I first met him I didn’t like him but I’ve changed my mind.
- The salesman came in high during the negotiations and could not sell his product.
The company came in low with an offer for our product.
- The participants seem unable to find common ground on the issue of environment.
- The questions were endless and we were unable to cover much ground during the meeting.
- The union was flexible on the salary issue but they drew the line at talking about health benefits.
- Our boss said that wages would improve soon but he never followed through with his promise.
- He talks a mile a minute.
- If you ever come to New York, drop me a line.
- Tell me about it, get it off your chest.
- “Are you listening to me?” “Yes, I’m all ears.
- Please keep me In the loop
He said we kept him out of the loop,
- IT has come a long way in the last 20 years.
- Marcy hit the jackpot with her new job -it’s basically her dream job, plus a huge salary.
- I might as well kill two birds with one stone and drop off my tax forms while I’m at the mall for the computer part I need.
- The proposal sounded great, but it didn’t live up to our expectations.
- I thought they were filing for bankruptcy, but they actually made a comeback.